Song Writing Workshop
The workshop will approach the song writing process as follows:
1. What do you want / expect from the workshop
2. Why do you want to write songs?
3. What are your goals – Personal satisfaction? Career? Get the girl/boy? Other?
4. Where does inspiration come from?
5. What skills / techniques do you have/need?
6. What barriers are there for you – skills, time, confidence?
7. Do you know what resources can help?
If participants consider these questions before the workshop we can make full use of the time.
The workshop will focus on sharing what has worked for different people, how they have overcome ‘writer’s block’ and available resources.
Thank you for your interest in the Canterbury Folk Music Festival. If you require any additional information about the event or how to apply, please contact us:
Canterbury Folk Music Festival
P O Box 964, Christchurch 8140